Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Position Title: Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to: Functionally to the Chief Financial Officer, with strong technical support from the SBHF Pharmacy Adviser
Location: Boston (Up to 30% to Haiti)
The Supply Chain and Logistics Manager will have a primary responsibility for ensuring availability of medical inventory at our health programs in southern Haiti. He/She will ensure that inventory management and ordering process are established and maintained. He/She will oversee the continued development and implementation of inventory practices, ordering processes and logistics. The Manager role has a significant accompaniment element; it is expected that the Manager will train Haiti-based procurement and warehouse staff and successfully transition knowledge and process management to the appropriate individuals. This is a full-time, Boston-based position with significant travel to Haiti (30%).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Local and International Clinical Procurement (25%)
- Initiate regular medication and supply orders for Saint Boniface Haiti Foundation, guided by the appropriate budget.
- Prepare requests for quotation to vendors, following the requirements of the SBHF Procurement Policies.
- Review quotations and select the successful vendor. Report discrepancies to vendors and negotiate solutions.
- Negotiate delivery options, review and approve proposed product shelf-life.
- Follow up with clinical team on any substitute products offered.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationship.
- Lead the sourcing and purchasing of other non-clinical products including Biomed equipment, IT supplies and other ad-hoc items.
- Work with the clinical teams and other partners, help source in-kind donations of needed medical supplies and equipment.
- Provide administrative management of the SBHF warehouse. Create and manage the annual budget for warehouse operations. Technically oversee the Haiti based Warehouse Manager.
- Manage logistics for Haiti-bound shipments from international suppliers. Analyze shipment contents and priorities to determine shipment timetables and preferred freight method. Collaborate with vendors to create cost- and space-efficient shipping configurations.
- Ensure that all Haiti bound shipments are accurately recorded and that information is shared to all stakeholders.
- Maintain an overview of current and pending shipments, including content, ship date, and estimated time of arrival. Monitor and track receipt of shipments. Communicate shipment status to field-based staff; work with in-country staff and partners to ensure timely Customs clearance and distribution.
- Ensure that items intended for specific people/sites/departments/services reach their intended destination.
- Manage and prepare shipments of emergency products purchased in the USA via traveler suitcase or other transportation methods as appropriate.
- Liaise between external visitors and the team in Haiti, booking and coordinating international airfare, and medical evacuation insurance.
- Act as the focal point for external visitor coordination as it relates to safety and security, communicating alerts and ensuring external visitors have the required safety orientation prior to departure to Haiti.
- Manage the implementation of new inventory control practices. Establish regular inventory review procedures. Develop metrics to measure success and reveal gaps.
- Oversee the operations of the inventory control processes. Ensure that processes are followed properly and that goals for performance and efficiency are met. Advocate for necessary resources and tools for inventory management.
- Perform ongoing review of inventory control activities; provide strategic direction and suggestions for growth and improvement as processes mature.
- Fully participate in the preparations for transition from Excel based inventory tracking to Open Boxes, SBHF’s selected inventory management system. Work with SBHF staff to structure and prepare for data migration.
- Serve as the primary point for data entry in OpenBoxes, including incoming shipments, product pack lists, unit prices and other required information.
- Ensure accountability and transparency of all supply chain operations in compliance with donor regulations, and international and local standards and requirements
- Serve as the primary representative of the organization in relevant commodity-related meetings.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including procurement, inventory management, and systems implementation. International experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to synthesize and organize data and report on findings.
- Ability to think strategically and plan for long-term initiatives. Able to implement change and demonstrate to others the value of improved processes.
- Good communication skills. Comfortable working with colleagues from different cultures and various internal departments.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in Creole/French desired.
- Highly proficient in excel.
- Preference for team work and a collaborative working environment.
To apply please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Supply Chain and Logistics Manager.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only contact those who are being considered for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in working at SBHF!